Click on the Categories dropdown to narrow your search. Click on Tags to select area
It’s official – SAVE THE DATE! Friday, January 24th. 2020!
The Rocket City Cycle Belles (RCCB), along with Spring City Cycling Club (SCCC), are pleased to announce our SIXTH annual silent auction fundraiser. The majority of the proceeds from this fundraiser will go to the EIGHT local National Interscholastic Cycling Association (NICA) teams.
This year, we will host our silent auction on Friday, January 24th, 2020 beginning at 6:00 PM, at the Straight To Ale Brewing location on Clinton Ave. Straight to Ale has beverages and food available for sale. We will have live music as in years past! All ages are welcome to attend!
**At this time, we are asking that if you or your organization have any items that you would like to contribute to the silent auction, please contact one of the RCCB board members, or a NICA team volunteer. In past years, we had many successful contributions including the likes of artwork, cabin rentals, gift certificates, and of course bike equipment. Donation letters for tax purposes will be made available to anyone who needs them.
Thank-you in advance for your support of #morekidsonbikes and our cycling community!
Join us Saturdays for Rise and Flow Yoga at our Merchants Walk store. Saturdays practice is led by Instructors from Light-On Yoga Fitness and is free to the community.
Sign up through the link below.
Be a force of nature – you can help the Land Trust accomplish great things!
Let’s talk about how you would like to contribute your skills and interests to further conservation, environmental education, and help care for beautiful preserved properties. Jobs vary according to your skills, interests, and availability. We’ll support you by giving you all the information you need to feel confident.
Check out upcoming volunteer opportunities at the bottom of the page or visit our events calendar for more.
Questions? Contact Rosie Spaulding at 256-534-5263 or email@example.com to find out more.
Ways to Help
- Be a Trail Care Partner! Perfect for civic, church, or social groups to care for a favorite trail on an annual basis. Adopt a favorite trail for a year, make a commitment to monitor the trail at least quarterly, and conduct light maintenance as needed. Learn more.
- Join our Trail Care Crew! Join our team of volunteers who help build trails, clear deadfall, and reroute for safety under the direction of our Land Stewards. At least once a month we have a scheduled work day on one of our properties. Learn more.
Educations & Outreach
- Help encourage the next generation of land stewards by assisting with environmental education programs.
- Share your love of the trails by leading guided hikes (offered in Spring and Fall).
- Help us with Information Booths and community events.
Events & Administration
- Volunteering at Land Trust events means fun for a great cause! Help out at our special events.
- If you prefer to work indoors, we’d love to have you help us in the office: word processing, phones, filing, or event preparation.
- Concerts at Three Caves: Volunteers are needed to assist with setup before the concerts, day-of operations (such as check-in, selling drink tickets, or parking), and clean up the day after the events. Concerts will be held on June 15, July 13, and August 10. Please refer to our event calendar for upcoming volunteer needs/opportunities.
- Moon Dance Auction Volunteers Needed: Each September, we host our party for land preservation at Three Caves, called Moon Dance. All proceeds from the event – which includes a silent auction of items contributed by local businesses – support our mission. Let us know if you interested in helping solicite or even just picking up Moon Dance auction donations from businesses around town. Any amount of time you’re able to contribute would be appreciated! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer.
- Photography Volunteers Needed: We’d love to have photos of trail care work days but obviously the focus is normally more on trail care than photography. Let us know if you are able to attend an upcoming trail care work day to take photos to document and share our hard work on the trails. Contact us at email@example.com to volunteer.
We will have 2, 3, and 5 mile routes with turn by turn directions. You can walk, jog, crawl, or run the streets before meeting back at Panera for fun, food, and laughter.
By participating in any We Run Downtown Huntsville group runs, you assume the risk of injury and/or liability. The routes are provided as a courtesy and there are no representations made as to the safety of the route. Please follow all traffic laws, cross only at designated places, and yield to traffic at all times.
Easy 3.65 miles through downtown. Everyone welcome to join.
2019 Jetplex Ride
Distance: 32 miles
Start Location: 351 Electronics Blvd
Date & Start Time: Monday, 1 April @ 5:30 PM
Description: This is a NRLB for Groups 2-5
Ride Coordinator: Julio C. Driggs 256-479-9019
As always come with a fun attitude and enjoy life on two wheels!!!
Please take note the group categories and as always challenge yourself since there is a group coming right behind you so that you can join.
Group 1 = Unlimited
Group 2 = 20 – 21+mph
Group 3 = 18 – 19+mph
Group 4 = 16 – 17+mph
Group 5 = 14 – 15+mph
Each rider is expected to bring a cue sheet and or map, or have it loaded on your computer as well as the phone number of at least one friend.
If individuals ride faster than the expected pace or deviate from the route then they are on their own.
If needed weather call will be made by 4:30 PM.